Jesús Gómez (1952–2006), professor of Research Methods and Techniques at the University of Barcelona developed his theories about love at the same time that he involved himself actively in the fight against gender violence in higher education centres and universities http://buyessayfast.com/. In 2007, in the homage to Jesús Gómez, the members of CREA decided to create a research line “Theories about love Jesús Gómez”, drawing on the social and scientific impact contributed by the researcher and the profound friendship and love that united him to many people in the research centre.
More information: Jesús Gómez Foundation
The group of new masculinities, together with the colleagues of CREA women’s group SAFO, we collaborate in two research lines about gender studies:
- Theories about love: Analysis of the different theoretical statements about love, its relation with the processes of socialization given through history and lived as “natural” and the link of these statements and gender violence.
- Overcoming of the hegemonic model of masculinity: questioning of the hegemonic model of masculinity and proposal of new models.
III Conference of Homes en Dialogue (Men in Dialogue): Friendship, Attractiveness and overcoming of gender violence.
This conference was held on the 6th of June 2015 and is the third organised by this social group. This year it was focused on the importance of male friendship to prevent gender violence and to promote attractive new alternative masculinities from the language of desire.
II Conference of Homes en Diàleg (Men in Dialogue): New Alternative Masculinities: breaking down myths.
The conference was held on the 14h June of 2014 and revolved around romantic love under the motto romantic love does not kill.
I Conference Homes en Diàleg: Masculinity and attractiveness.
On the 2nd of March 2013, the first conference, was held, which became the driver for a regular yearly meeting due to its success, organised by this same group.
Second Catalan convention about masculinities, diversity and difference.
Held on the 2,3 and 4th of June 2005 at the Institute of Catalan Studies. Participation as members of the advisory council and in charge of a round table about “New Masculinities: voices and facts from the social groups” .
First Catalan Convention on Masculinities, Diversity and Difference.
It was held on the 13, 14, 15 and 16 March 2003 in the Centre for Contemporary Culture of Barcelona. Participation as members of the advisory council and in charge of the recognition axis.
- Rodríguez, H., Ríos, O., Racionero, S.; Macías, F. (2014). New methodological Insights into Communicative Acts that Promote New Alternative Masculinities. Qualitative Inquiry 7(20), 870-875. doi: 10.1177/1077800414537209
- Gómez, A. (2014). How friendship generates key research questions that help to overcome gender-based violence: a personal narrative. Qualitative Inquiry, 7(20), 934-940. doi: 10.1177/1077800414537220.
- Flecha, R., Puigvert, L. & Ríos, O. (2013). The New Alternative Masculinities and the Overcoming of Gender Violence. International and Multidisciplinar Journal of Social Sciences, 2(1), 88-113. doi: prefix: 10.447/rimcis